Monday, December 30, 2013

Bump Update- Week 24...the one where it's actually Christmas

So, my last post said Christmas was during my 23rd week, but I lied. It was actually during this past week, my 24th week. But who's counting, right?? And can't I blame any absentmindedness on pregnancy brain anyways? 

Anyways, here's the update! 
How far along: 24 weeks (Dec. 29, 2013)
Baby is the size of a(n): ear of corn (or a cantaloupe, depending on what website you use)  I like cantaloupe better 
Gender: Boy
Weight gain: 13 lbs total 
Maternity clothes: yep, but still wearing non-maternity dresses   
Stretch marks: I think I may have spotted a small one this week, but not where you would think.  I wasn't joking when I said half of my weight has gone to the girls :) 
Belly button in or out: in
Sleep: must have my maternity pillow and still consists of a lot of tossing and turning 
Best moment this week: AJ felt some pretty strong kicks while we were watching football. I think baby Alexander likes to kick during football games :)     
Worst moment this week: realizing how much childbirth/newborn/breast feeding/ infant CPR classes would cost. YouTube covers this stuff right?? 
Miss anything: sleeping on my back 
Movement: yep and a lot. His kicks are getting noticeably stronger.  He'll sometimes kick me awake at about 5:30am.  
Cravings: homemade rice Krispy treats! Came out of nowhere and I may have eaten a tray by myself 
Symptoms: rib pain still
Looking forward to: New Year's Eve with friends and ringing in 2014!  No more saying that he'll be here "next year" -- eek! 

I'm also pretty happy that I went to prenatal yoga, the gym AND on 2 runs this week. It wasn't far(about 1.5-2 miles) but I never thought I'd still be running at 5.5 months pregnant


1 comment:

  1. Haha, your belly looks better than my non-pregnant belly and you're still running more than my non-pregnant self! You. Are. Winning!!! ;)

    So happy for you guys!!! Yay, mini dapper-man clothes!

    ReplyDelete