Thursday, December 26, 2013

Weekly Bump Updates -- Weeks 4-9

So as not to bore you with the same weekly updates for weeks 4-9, I can summarize it in 3 words:  exhausted, nauseated and exhausted.  

I don't know if I was more exhausted or more nauseated, but they pretty much took over from week 4 on.   I could take about 3 naps a day (oh believe me, I did) and still feel tired.  One day we added up that I was asleep for 18 hours and only awake for 6. When I was awake, I was gagging or trying to keep food down.  Did I mention that the first trimester was pretty miserable??   I had to wear these things called Seabands just to be able to take the train to work in the morning. 

 

I don't know exactly how they work, something about pressure points, but I do know that I didn't take them off (except to shower) for pretty much the entire first 9 weeks. 

Okay, I'll stop being such a whiner and will say that, despite being sick, I was so incredibly happy this entire time (I know, that sounds crazy for how sick I was).  The excitement of being pregnant, AJ's interest in every symptom and doing everything he could to make me feel better, our figuring out this baby/pregnancy thing together:  it all just made me so incredibly happy. 

We did have some pretty great times during these months too, which I'll post about later.  

So, here's the update: 

How far along: 4-9 weeks 
Gender: not going to know that for a while, but we have a guess! 
Weight gain: 0 (probably because I couldn't eat too much)
Maternity clothes: nope
Stretch marks: better not come for a while! 
Belly button in or out: in
Sleep: great and tons of it!
Best moment this week: hearing baby's heartbeat at 8 weeks, seeing baby on ultrasound at 9 weeks and our trip to Hawaii! 
Worst moment this week: Having a busy week/weekend at work when you are sick is just the worst. 
Miss anything: Energy, being able to eat anything other than carbs or bland food, sushi and wine. 
Movement: Nope
Cravings: Not so much cravings, but such strong food aversions that I could only think of one thing each day that I could potentially hold down.  
Queasy or sick: both.  all the time. 
Looking forward to: The second trimester!  

Here's a progression.  Not too much to see, but I wanted something to start from.  I was definitely starting to feel the bloat by week 8. 


(note the seabands :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment