Saturday, December 28, 2013

Baby Duggan is a.....

...BOY!!!



The old wives tales were 4 for boy, 4 for girl.  

 The votes were in and more people were thinking boy.  I had a hunch early on that it was a girl and I think I had convinced AJ of the same. 

Some great friends of ours (Ashley, Brooke and Monique) were sweet enough to offer to throw us an impromptu gender reveal.  It turned out just perfect and was way more fun that just opening the little envelope from the ultrasound place.

Ashley and Brooke came to pick up the sealed envelope (which AJ had to hide from me) on the morning of the reveal and then they set to work planning how they would surprise is and our family and friends on Skype.

They put balloons in a huge box which was wrapped up and then we opened the box in front of all our family and friends. I actually closed my eyes when we were opening it and didn't even realize it! Haha.  I was pretty surprised to see blue, but ecstatic.  AJ said "I win!" So I guess we see what he was hoping for ;) 


I now understand what people mean when they say they would be happy with either. I had convinced myself (because of the higher heart rate and because everyone else I know was having boys) that we were having a little girl. Then, one day I pictured AJ with a cute little son and thought of that bond that dads have with their sons and really wanted a boy first. Then I'd see all the cute girls clothes and want a girl. So I guess the flip-flopping means that I would have truly been happy either way.  

Plus, they do make some adorable baby clothes for boys now.  Look at this adorable little outfit from Ashley and Brooke! Baby's first cardi :) 


Here's the potty shot! 


AJ has always been against the 3d/4d ultrasounds-- he says they creep him out. Haha. I admit, they do look a little alien-like and the idea of "seeing" your baby in utero is a little weird.  Anyways, I was all for it and we agreed that I could get an elective one if he didn't have to come, so my friend Sara came along with me.  The ultrasound tech said she was 175% sure of the gender! And she said he has long legs.  That's now the second time we hear that... Uh oh...
The delicious cake Monique made us! It's blue!
Baby's first wing-tip shoes.  He'll be such a dapper little guy, just like his daddy.
That is baby D's foot in this pic! His foot!! His legs were straight up by his face.
He's saying no more pics...



No comments:

Post a Comment