Saturday, December 28, 2013

Bump Update -- Week 23...the one where it's Christmas!

How far along: 23 weeks (Dec. 24, 2013) 
Baby is the size of a(n): grapefruit  
Gender: boy!    
Weight gain: um...13 lbs! I gained 5 lbs when I was home and that's 10 since the last appointment!!  The OB was a little shocked at that and told me to just not have another month like that.  I'm still on track overall.   
Maternity clothes: mostly.  The above is not maternity, though, just some pajama pants I stole from Layla in the 10th grade and a loose Stanford T-shirt.        
Stretch marks: nope.   
Belly button in or out: in
Sleep: good  
Best moment this week: Our hike on Christmas day (see below)      
Worst moment this week: finding out I gained 10 lbs in 5 weeks!  
Miss anything: food that is off limits 
Movement: yep, feeling a lot now.  Mostly in the afternoons and early mornings.  He wakes me up kicking a lot at about 5:30am, but all I want to do is stay in bed and feel him kick around.  It's such a great feeling.   
Cravings: none.  
Symptoms: rib pain - ouch!     
Looking forward to: this Christmas, spending a quiet day alone with AJ made me really happy that we got to have this time, but also really looking forward to next Christmas when Baby Alexander will be here with us.   

On Christmas Day, AJ and I went on a nice hike to Indian Rock in North Berkeley, which (on a clearer day) has amazing views of the City, the Bay and the Golden Gate Bride.  We're hoping to make this a tradition.  


Our Christmas Eve Picture.  Merry Christmas from the Duggans!!

No comments:

Post a Comment