Monday, January 6, 2014

I think I went on my last pregnancy run...

Well, it was pretty good while it lasted and I'm pretty proud of myself for being able to run up until my 25th week, but I think I went on my last run yesterday. 

    (Last run belly) 

I only ran about 3/4 of a mile when I started feeling some tightening.  The doctor said to listen to my body and I did. I stopped running and walked the rest of the 2 miles, then drank a ton of water and felt much better. But I could tell during the run that it would probably be my last.  It just didn't feel right.  

This is bittersweet for me. Running outside has been a part of my life for the past 10 years when I started running the dish at Stanford. 
   (Views from just a few nice runs this year)
 
Running is my stress-relief, it makes me happy, it's my church. I've run 6 half marathons and countless smaller races.  It's something that AJ and I love to do together.  It will likely be 6 months before my feet hit the pavement again.   Since I started, i haven't ever taken that amount of time off from running, even with foot surgery and a stress fracture. 

But of course, it's best for baby to start taking it easy.  And baby has already covered a lot of miles so far and I look forward to introducing him to the bob jogging stroller we bought. My goal will be to complete a half marathon next November (about 6 months post-baby)! Until then, adios running shoes, hello prenatal yoga! 

1 comment:

  1. I did prenatal pilates and LOVED it. Good for you staying active, it will make birth much easier! Not that I think anyone suspected you slow down more than necessary, over-achiever. Ha! Hope you guys are enjoying the new year.

    ReplyDelete