Sunday, January 19, 2014

Bump update-- week 26... The one where we hit the 100 day countdown!

How far along: 26 weeks (January 12, 2014)
Baby is the size of a(n): lettuce
What is baby up to?: (NOTE, I replaced the "gender" section here b/c baby is a boy and I'm pretty sure will stay a boy until the end.  If anything changes I'll let you know.  Plus, I thought you'd be way more interested in what baby is up to in there rather than my telling you that he is a boy every week)...SO, baby is...

  • His eyes are forming, and his eyes will soon start to open.
  • And his eyelashes are now grown, too.
  • getting his immune system ready for life on the outside by soaking up your antibodies.
  •  taking breaths, too. They're of amniotic fluid, not air, but it's still good practice.
 
Weight gain: 15 lbs total (+1 from last week)
Maternity clothes: Yep.  Still fitting into non, though.  Above is my awesome Saints T-Shirt (Go Saints!) -- sadly, they lost, though :(  
Stretch marks: nope 
Belly button in or out: in
Sleep: My biggest issue still is that I cannot stand sleeping on my side, so even if I fall asleep on my side, I wake up on my back.  Since baby is getting bigger, this is causing me some problems.  You're not supposed to sleep in your back later in pregnancy because sleeping on your back can compress a major blood vessel, called the vena cava, disrupting blood flow to your baby and leaving you nauseated, dizzy, and short of breath. 
I woke up on my back this week feeling like I was about to have a panic attack because my chest was hurting so badly and I couldn't breath.  It went away as soon as I turned over.  Now how do I get my body to stay on my side?  
Best moment this week: My amazing prenatal massage that AJ got me for Christmas.  It was the best hour ever.  I didn't want to get off that table.     
Worst moment this week: See sleep issues above.
Miss anything: sleeping on my back 
Movement: a lot!  Now even tickling me on my hip.  
Cravings: none 
Symptoms: Rib pain.  And another one, but I'll spare you all the details. Let's just say I'm drinking lots of prune juice.  
Looking forward to: traveling to Phoenix next week for the the Tribal Federal Recognition Conference. 


No comments:

Post a Comment