Sunday, January 19, 2014

Bump Update -- Week 27...The one where it's the last week of the second trimester


How far along: 27 weeks (January 18, 2014)
Baby is the size of a(n): rutabaga
What is baby up to?: 

  • weighing in at about 1.5 to 2.2. lbs.
  • measuring 13-15 inches long.
  • still practicing inhaling and exhaling with his rapidly developing lungs.
Weight gain: 17 lbs total (+2 from last week)
Maternity clothes: Yep.    
Stretch marks: nope 
Belly button in or out: in
Sleep: Aren't you tired of hearing me complaining about sleep?  I woke up again on my back with half of my body numb, including my ear!  Definitely on my list to ask my DR about that this week.  
Best moment this week: AJ and I went on an awesome hike and also got a ton of hand me down baby stuff from a co-worker (including the swing I even registered for)-- Score!  I'm feeling a lot more prepared now that there are baby things in my house other than clothes.     
Worst moment this week: See sleep issues above.
Miss anything: sleeping on my back and sushi 
Movement: Yes, so much movement.  Now I can actually feel him rolling around rather than just kicks and punches.  And I can see him move from the outside.  It's very alien-like.  
Cravings: none 
Symptoms: Rib pain.  Such bad rib pain.  Also on the list for the Dr. this week.  
Looking forward to: check in on baby at my apt on Friday (but not looking forward to the gestational diabetes test).

Here are some more pictures from our hike to Mt. Tam on Saturday:




No comments:

Post a Comment